December 06, 2010

We Have Hope

Unexpected turns...

Life is beautiful, powerful and fragile.
My family had planned to go to the US and spend Christmas with my Grandmother. The plans abruptly changed yesterday when my Grandmother passed away.
We are still going but instead of spending two weeks with our Grandma we are attending her Memorial Service.
This of course makes me incredibly sad, since I haven't seen her in ten years and I was longing to see her again, spend some precious time with her, catch up and also introduce my fiancé (not in person since he is staying in Sweden, but with pictures and an incredible amount of talking about him).
But in all of this there is comfort.

1 Tess 4:
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.




In loving memory of Lois H, my dear Grandma.

No comments: